Saturday 8 March 2014

Organic Beer Review: Liverpool Pale Ale




Beer
Liverpool Pale Ale
Brewery
Liverpool Organic Brewery
ABV
4.1%
Nutritional
Bottle Conditioned, Vegan
Notes
Ahh I do so remember my Liverpool days. I often brushed shoulders with the trippy organic vegan folk, too. Occasionally I would work for the Windmill Wholefood Cooperative on Smithdown Road, earnestly bagging mung beans for the revolution. Now, in my more decadent days of repose, I sip amongst the chattering classes from the chalice of the Liverpool Organic Brewery. Maybe its good karma, maybe its cause and effect, the bacchanalian fruits of my labour have arrived. Whatever good fortune has led me to this situation, I cannot help feeling like the caterpillar from Alice In Wonderland, drawing cool wafts of delicately hopped light ale much as smoke from an Egyptian hookah. The balance in this ale is exquisitely pitched. Whilst the hops and gas content generate a definite sharpness to this light ale, it is nonetheless crisp enough to bear, with the citrus elements tamed by a mellow, vaguely floral headiness. It has a feel of that naïve period in the climax of summer when all things are one in celebration, before any notion that it must come to an autumnal end.

Marks /10
9.1 (some sediment)

By South Utsire

No comments:

Post a Comment